June 10, 2009

Detroit: how did we let this happen?

This is an incredible story. I have never lived in Detroit, so I don't know this stuff first hand. I don't understand how we let a city get this bad. With the current automotive bankruptcies, I am sure it isn't getting any better.

The City Where the Sirens Never Sleep


One interesting thing I have seen in the news. Immigrants (legal), are buying some of these extremely dilapidated, cheap houses and starting new small communities. Despite how terrible the conditions seem to us, they are far better than where these people came from. Maybe this is how Detroit will be re-made.
__________________________________________________
Please comment: Click "Comment", write comment, on comment as dropdown click "name/url", enter name on top line, hit "continue", hit "post"

No comments:

Post a Comment